On the 1st of November Google unveiled its latest offering in the Nexus line up, the Nexus 5.
The specs and the shape were known well in advance, due to various leaks leading up to the launch. We have lined up 5 good reasons on why you should make this your next smart phone.
- Processing power – With the powerful Snapdragon 800 quad core processor and the Adreno 330 GPU, the Nexus 5 has been bench-marked as the best current Android gaming phone.
- HD Display – The Nexus 5 boasts a HD display of 4.95 inches, with resolution of 1080×1920 pixels. This gives a pixel density of 445ppi which is just above the pixel density of the Samsung Galaxy S4 (441ppi) and way better than the iPhone 5S (326 ppi). The high pixel density will result in crisp graphics and text.
- Value for Money – This is surely the top reason to buy a Nexus 5. Being loaded with some awesome specs(given below) the 16GB model is modestly priced at $349 and the 32GB model at $399. If your getting the Nexus 5 through Kapruka it would cost you around Rs 57,000 in total. When comparing with the prices of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the HTC One which are both in the Rs 80,000 range, the Nexus 5 is obviously a steal.
- KitKat OS – The Nexus 5 runs on the latest Android version 4.4 (KitKat). With features such as improved Google Now integration, printing capability, faster multitasking and immersive display, the Nexus 5 would provide a richer experience than its other Android counterparts.
- Feature packed camera – The 8MP camera might not be the best phone camera out there, but with HDR+, Photo sphere and its advance editor, it just might exceed your expectation.
The full specifications are given below
Network: GSM, WCDMA, LTE
Display: 4.95-inch Full HD IPS (1920×1080, 445ppi), Gorilla Glass 3
OS: Android 4.4 (Kit Kat)
Camera: 8MP rear facing with Optical Image Stabilization (1.3MP front)
Battery: 2,300mAh (17 hours talk time, 7 hours internet on LTE)
CPU: 2.3Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (quad-core)
GPU: Adren 330, 450MHz
Weight: 4.59oz (130g)
Dimensions: 69.17 x 137.84 x 8.59mm
WiFi: Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac